Sunday, 12 May 2013

DIY lip palette tutorial

hi sweets!

 I was reorganizing my makeup and I found a few of my lippies with broken bullets and melted shapes. I found an old eye palette in my stash with beautiful shades but weird smell, palette was expired and it can cause eye allergy if you use an expired eye shade. Here an idea clicked my mind and I separated the palette and lipsticks from the other stash.

friday night I got some time and I decided to create my lip palette. I captured the whole process to post the DIY lip palette making idea on my blog.here I am using my broken or almost empty lipsticks but you can use many lipsticks of your choice and set them into a palette it will save space and you can carry your favorite shades with you in your bag every where you want and need. This idea is great for those little bits of your favorite lippies. I am using my old eye palette for the process you can use new empty palette or empty metal containers.



you will need:

  • empty palette
  • spatula or knife
  • candle 
  • a metal spoon 
  • and few lipsticks (broken bullets or you can use any of your chioce)
note: sanitize your spatula and knife before use and do not over heat lipsticks. 

lets see what i did

 separated my broken and almost finished lipsticks and expired eye palette.

emptied the palette and washed it with Luke warm water and dettol. dried the palette with a tissue paper and putted it upside down on a news paper to make sure its completely dry and ready to use.

lit the candle, cutt off the lipstick and put it in spoon, hold over flame to melt the lipstick. pour it in empty pan. do not over heat or overfill.
  • here i am melting my elf lippie in classy, after pouring it in pan there was still some liquid left in spoon so i added my eye pigment in the liquid and created my version of classy lipstick with a beautiful coral shimmer in it.
mix and match as many shades as you want if you have some extra after filling origional one in pan. i made 6 new shades with mixing different lipsticks and adding pigment in lipsticks.

This is the final result, labelled the shades and this palette is my happy travel version of my favorite shades.

did you like the project?
do share your views. I would like to read what you have in your mind.

see yaa
^_^


33 comments:

  1. wow! Really impressed. I'm too clumsy to attempt something like that. Good job sahar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear u always motivates me with great comments :)

      Delete
  2. Super idea . I like your creative thinking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and workable idea:) lovely that way we have a new makeup product, our own made, in our stash:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much huda for your motivating comment:)

      Delete
  4. REally amazing, You are sooo creative masha Allah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you are sho shweet :)thanx

      Delete
  5. woww itni mehnat? impressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup mehnat kaafi chaheay iss k leay.. :)

      Delete
  6. I think its better to have a medium size palette than having 10 lipticks...palettes are convenient.Thank you so much for sharing this useful DIY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup its pretty convenient to put one palette instead of many lippies

      Delete
  7. great post :) really like the outcome XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome creativeness :) thanx for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very smart Sahar.. but a lazy person like Me can't try this lengthy but fun idea..
    Thanks for sharing with us..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing DIY :)
    Will definitely try this out :)
    Mahnoorshaul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your palette turned out so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is excellent!! perfect! You created a great palette with such pretty colorss!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow superb Work!!! AOA dear i am ur new follower and continuously visiting ur blog :) You r super talented Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! Just great Sahar! It's a lovely idea. I did something similar to make a custum lip color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is amazing hon ! =o this is the first time i have seen your blog and impressed with just the first post =p following you <3
    www.journalbyana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for leaving sweet comments (。◕‿◕。)